Traffic, motor vehicle violations, municipal ordinance violations and criminal misdemeanor offenses that occur within the city limits of Midfield, Alabama are handled by the staff of the Midfield Municipal Court. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Court is held on the second and fourth Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. You can also pay your traffic fines by clicking here.
1. Bring a copy of your police report concerning the incident.
2. Be prepared to discuss the matter with a Magistrate. The Magistrate has to determine probable cause before a warrant can be issued.
3. Be prepared to swear or affirm the truthfulness of your statements
4. Bring as much information as possible about the offender/defendant. At a minimum, have the first and last name of the offender and a valid address.
5. If probable cause to issue a warrant is found, and the offender is apprehended, you will be required to attend court hearings. You will be issued a subpoena or summons to appear in court. If you fail to appear for court hearings, you may be arrested and charged with contempt of court.
6. Once a warrant has been issued, you cannot dismiss the case! Be sure that you are prepared to live with the fact that if the person is apprehended, he or she will be arrested, taken to jail and will have to appear in court to answer to the charge(s).
The schedule of fines for traffic infractions, established by Rule 20(A), Alabama Rules of Judicial Administration, applies if the defendant in a municipal court case chooses to plead guilty before a magistrate to one of the traffic offenses listed in the schedule. Traffic offenses that are not listed in the following schedule require court appearance. The court appearance date and time may be found at the bottom of the traffic citation on the left side of the form.
Debra Bennett Winston
Municipal Court Judge
Renita L. Martin
Sr. Court Clerk
Carolyn H. Wilson